The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Business Analytics Consultants (BACs) use a mix of business consulting, technical, and solution implementation skills to help Allstate maximize (and accelerate) the business value of data & analytics. BACs work alongside data, analytics, business, and technology stakeholders as integrators and translators to effectively, efficiently, and consistently implement work across the company.
The Business Analytics Senior Consultant will use business and technical acumen to be responsible for coordinating and managing the development of analytical data solutions and processes in order to drive business decisions and solutions for the business vertical in which they are aligned to. The role is also responsible for providing high complexity analytical and data driven solutions to key business stakeholders in order to address potential business problems and demonstrate value. Additionally, the Business Analytics Senior Consultant will be responsible for the ins and outs of developing data product strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.
- Works with business partners to understand their data needs that will contribute to their strategic direction and understand how potential actions will influence their business results.
- Drives activities to develop data product strategies and identify high priority initiatives to deliver and execute on the operating plan.
- Facilitates and/or attends Scrum events, and reinforces the teams agreed upon rules including the definition of ready and definition of done
- Heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for Program Increment (PI) planning
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team and that the team understands and practices agility
- Provides direction as to where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make key business decisions. Has a solid understating of how the business works, what their operational processes look like, and where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make more effective data-driven decisions.
- Contributes to high complexity projects/products and drives moderately complex medium impact projects/products from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables.
- Drives clear product/project communications throughout the project/product process to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them.
- Drives and maintains partnerships through the development process to in order to ensure the successful transition of moderately complex research to an operational state within the business unit.
- With a deep knowledge of data management, develops solutions using data tools to effectively communicate and drive the translation of data in business terms to key stakeholders.
- Support the Data Delivery Lead with high-level model design by providing business requirements, and providing an understanding of data domains and their impact to the business
- Drive the creation of data visualization tools to actively monitor and identify potential our of pattern elements in our business results.
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate business acumen to drive consulting efforts with business clients
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to drive complex analysis
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to drive data and technical projects
- Ability to develop, communicate and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile values and principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Scrum values, principles, and practices
- Excellent presentation skills; persuasively presenting ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders
Compensation offered for this role is $60,100.00-$102,625.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.