If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Metabase is looking for a Data Analyst to support our team.
This role be a key part of the operations team, using the disparate data sources we have on our customer base, customer onboarding, and community intelligence to better understand our users, their needs and what we should do to better help our customers.
Things you'll do :
- Dig into data, answer questions
- Iteratively refine our data, build models and help spread data throughout the team
- Organize our datasets and do small transforms.
- Teach the others on your team to fish
- Collaborate day to day with designers, product managers and engineers
Things we're looking for :
- BS in CS/CE, Math, Economics or equivalent technical degree preferred
- Extremely strong SQL skills
- 5+ years as a data analyst
- Deep fluency in expressing yourself using models and graphs.
- Familiarity with Metabase and other Business Intelligence Tools
- Strong writing skills
- B2B SaaS Experience a plus
- Open Source experience a plus
We're a global team (50% outside of the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to Hawaii), who gets things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers.
We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we just raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.