At WelbeHealth, it’s our mission to serve our communities’ most vulnerable seniors through shared intention, pioneering spirit, and courage to love. These core values and our participant focus lead the way no matter what.
You will be responsible for working with business stakeholders, data architects, solution architects and the Information Technology and Services (IT&S) Department to identify and define business needs that require developed technology solutions to achieve business outcomes. Working within WelbeHealth architecture standards and design patterns, the Data Engineers are responsible for the development, quality assurance, implementation, and maintenance of solutions components which fulfill prioritized business use cases.
This role leverages the agile life cycle for solutions deployment and data integration in all projects as well as objectively assessing quality and logistics production readiness. The Data Engineer regularly and directly collaborates with the data architecture, security service, application management, infrastructure management, and customer service teams.
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth Apply your clinical expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
BENEFITS: Health Coverage on Day 1, Paid Parental Leave, 401K Match.
PERKS: 17 days of paid time off in year one, 12 company holidays & 5 sick days
GROWTH: Career path advancement and leadership opportunities
Essential Job Duties
- Adhere to WelbeHealth Agile DevOps processes, tools, and environments for requirements capture, architecture and design, construction, quality assurance, code and documentation version control, production deployment, troubleshooting, and change management.
- Requirements analysis including documentation of business requirements, use cases, user stories, data dictionary, business rules, security requirements, and reporting specifications.
- Establish subject matter expertise in healthcare business operations to inform business and functional requirements development and test case planning.
- Development, quality assurance, and implementation of solutions components including detailed design, construction, and unit testing of functional logic, data integration and transformation, reporting and visualization, user interface, and overall user experience.
- Ongoing support, maintenance, and enhancements of solutions including monitoring, performance optimization, and troubleshooting per production DevOps procedures.
- Report and visualization design, development, and maintenance.
- Understand data architecture and data model to perform quality assurance and troubleshooting of solutions logic and data integration for production readiness.
- Perform independent verification and validation of solution components constructed by peers through test case development and test plan execution to ensure production readiness.
- Perform deployment logistics and documentation per WelbeHealth DevOps procedures.
- Work closely with technology and business partners throughout solution development and delivery ensuring proper marketing, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Implement solutions following WelbeHealth best practices such as writing clean, maintainable, and reusable code with clever design patterns and good documentation.
- Ensured all developed solution architecture is consistent with WelbeHealth architecture and applicable regulations, rules, policies, security protocols, and procedures relevant to WelbeHealth operations as defined by the Regulatory and Compliance, Quality Improvement, and Security teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- One or more Microsoft solutions certifications preferred in SQL Server or Visual Studio,
- Azure development, database administration, or solutions architecture
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in web, distributed systems, SaaS, or cloud-based solutions development.
- Minimum of three years’ agile lifecycle solutions development/DevOps including:
- Scrum framework for agile feature deployment. detailed designs supporting user stories, sprint-based construction and unit testing, participation in DevOps integration, quality assurance, and deployment
- Demonstrated knowledge with API design and architecture best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge with ETL and data transformation logic development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance best practices and test plan development to independently validate and verify functional and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge in tools and methodologies for version control.
- Demonstrated knowledge in tools and methodologies for change management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the health care and/or health plan industry
- Experience with HL7 or X12 payer transaction set a plus.
- Relational databases including SQL Server or Azure SQL
- IDEs including Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL, T-SQL, and Stored Procedures
- ETL and integration tools including Microsoft SSIS or Salesforce APEX
- Reporting and visualization tools such as SSRS, Azure Reporting, or Power BI