At Dicks Sporting Goods, we are creating the future of sport driven by powerful data products and platforms that serve our Athletes and Teammates.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who wants to be a part of a team solving the ingestion, enrichment, and activation of data to drive better products, services, and experiences for our Athletes. In this role, you will work with the core of how we use Athlete data working with modern cloud and open source technology to transform the future of sport.
You would partner with marketing, retail, and e-commerce business teams to build the next generation of Athlete data. Work alongside data science teams building AI/ML models, platform engineers creating services that support you, and software developers creating unique experiences.
This role builds new data products, pipelines, APIs, materialized views, services, and tools. They are fascinated with data and the modern ways of creating rich, scalable data products driving how we work.
This is a full time remote opportunity. We are looking to hire immediately.
What you will bring:
- Experience and love for Python, Spark, SQL, or other standard data scripting languages
- Hands-on experience building, managing, and automating data pipelines
- Familiarity and appreciation for modern public cloud data services from AWS, GCP, or Azure
- 3+ years of experience being close to the business and delivering value through it as part of a team.
- Some knowledge or exposure to supporting AI/ML engineering and integrating data to model development, management and serving.
- A good grip of data structures, relationships, integration patterns, and algorithms.
- General understanding of data warehousing principles, documentation practices, refactoring, scalability, and testing techniques
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing tools such as Jira, Confluance, and GitHub
- You understand the importance of Kafka, Snowpipe, or Kinesis for real-time needs
- Some experience applying security and privacy to how you manage data.
- A grasp of the importance of common data platform patterns and how they relate like Data Lake, Data Mesh, Data Catalog, Tagging, Stream Processing, etc.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team building the data ingestion, products, pipelines, and tooling supporting our Athlete Hub data product driving Marketing, Retail, E-commerce, and Enterprise initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders including the product, data and architecture teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Provide proactive design, operational support, and governance for privacy and security policy for data.