The Lead Marketing Analyst is responsible for the Analytics, Reporting, and Testing of a marketing functional area, generally comprised of several individual marketing channels/tactics. The role requires a candidate with advanced knowledge and experience telling a cohesive and actionable story with data, performing robust statistical tests, and strong business/retail acumen. The Lead Analyst is expected to implement best practices, improve processes, teach/coach/mentor more junior analysts, lead and execute mid to long term project work, and provide sound recommendations on analytic approaches, especially in the face of vague, incomplete, or inconsistent data. The Lead is also expected to be a key partner for Product and Technology teams to improve and optimize data concerns related to functional area.
- Defines analytical priorities for functional area, and effectively delegates analysis work to support business timelines and objectives.
- Retains overall responsibility for the quality of analytical output of the defined functional area.
- Proactively evaluates analytical process, and seeks out better or faster ways of generating value for business decision making.
- Able to use common tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, GCP, Excel) and/or vendor platforms (Facebook, Instagram, DV360) to query, join, extract, and manipulate raw data from disparate sources to tell a comprehensive story with key insights and recommended actions.
- Responsible for the analytical development and engagement of direct reports, and acts as a coach/mentor for other more junior analysts.
- Deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences. Deliverables may take the shape of email communications and/or presentations.
Test & Learn
- Maintains and enforces standardized test process and workflow for functional area, to ensure test orchestration & documentation of learnings is consistent and complete. Ensures test outputs are easily accessible, and individual test outcomes and next steps are clearly defined and followed thru to conclusion.
- Aligns functional area on statistical best practices, as they relate to retail and marketing specific use cases.
- Implements and enforces standardized and consistent approaches, methodologies, and frameworks from test to test, carefully considering the typical business questions, the nature of the data, the risk/reward of measurement, and edge cases.
- Seeks to grow knowledge in the practical application of statistical concepts, and strives for continuous improvement in measurement techniques.
- As directed, coordinates and aligns test and learn methodologies and practices with other business functional areas, and the enterprise test and learn COE.
Data & Reporting
- Acts as data SME for areas of responsibility. Has intimate knowledge of the schemas, characteristics, processes, and caveats of the Marketing data used on a daily basis, and is able to work with Tech and Product teams to drive improvements in data views that affect functional area.
- Prioritizes and decides the reporting priorities that will add the most value to the business, cognizant of LOE on various teams.
- Documents, promotes, and socializes new data learnings to the broader team.