The Senior Digital Marketing Analyst– Strategy & Analytics will use data to help inform tactical and strategic decisions regarding marketing campaigns and spend. The role requires a candidate with a commitment to continued and proactive learning. The Senior analyst will be responsible for independently performing and delivering well-researched analyses, designing, executing, and reporting robust marketing specific tests, being intimately familiar with the nature, characteristics, and caveats related to Dick’s Marketing and Athlete data, and supporting more senior analysts with project level mid-term and long-term analytics work.
- Proactively leads measurement discussions with a well-reasoned POV, and makes actionable recommendations as to measurement, KPI’s, best practices and potential outcomes and actions related to the business objective.
- Independently uses common tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, GCP, Excel) and/or vendor platforms (Facebook, Instagram, DV360) to query, join, extract, and manipulate raw data from disparate sources to tell a comprehensive story with key insights and recommended actions.
- Acts as a first line resource for more junior analysts, and shows willingness to coach/mentor them.
- Intimately familiar with the marketing plan & budget, and anticipates measurement requests and roadblocks prior to being solicited by the business.
- Integrates channel measurement into a regular cadence with cross functional partners, and delivers analysis and reports in a timely fashion.
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset, and proactively ideates and implements initiatives to improve speed of delivery or value of outputs.
- Deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences. Deliverables may take the shape of email communications and/or presentations.
Test & Learn
- Designs, executes, analyzes, and reports results of marketing related test initiatives, both at the Store and Athlete level
- Conversant in the principles of test and learn, as the relate to retail & marketing specific use cases.
- Applies standardized & consistent approaches, methodologies, and frameworks from test to test, and is able to clearly document or explain cases in which deviations from the standard.
- Is able to understand, evaluate, and practically apply statistical concepts such as power, sampling, confidence, significance to regular testing, and explain interpretation and nuances as they relate to business decision making.
- Selects the most appropriate statistical toolset for the desired test, such as 3rd party vendor software, RStudio, Excel, etc.
Data & Reporting
- Knows the schemas, characteristics, processes, and caveats of the marketing data used on a daily basis, and is able to explain them in relatable terms to non-technical audiences.
- Provide data guidance to Tech and Product teams, to help shape and inform reporting solutions to meet business user’s needs.
- Be a first line resource for business users, able to answer questions on data interpretation and meaning of results.