The core data science team at Dick’s Sporting Goods is seeking a data scientist to support product teams within the technology organization. Currently the team has a variety of work ranging from natural language processing to supply chain optimization, and is looking to continue to expand its footprint by bringing on another diverse teammate.
Machine Learning Applications & Analyses
- Apply machine learning and data mining techniques to extract actionable insights from large-scale, high-dimensional data.
- Build and put into deployment algorithmic solutions that focus on improving the customer’s experience and driving value both in-store and on our website.
- Compile data from disparate data sources leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data to build models.
- Communicate complex analyses and models to all levels of leadership across the organization.
- Work with a variety of business units throughout the organization to help translate their requirements into specific model or research based deliverables.
- Continue to improve communication and collaboration patterns amongst the various analytics teams and business units.
- Research advancements in the field to discover new opportunities for development
- Share findings and learning opportunities with fellow team members through mini-seminars and demonstrations