When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology!
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Renaissance Data Services team is responsible for the successful integration of data sources to a customer's product. Data Engineer I is responsible for making technical connections to data imports and exports, writing scripts, troubleshooting, and solving customer data issues. They use their skills to design and implement process improvements to enhance our data integrations with customer products.
As a Data Engineer I, you will:
- Connect with school district systems and data providers to populate customer sites with necessary data (i.e. roster, behavior, attendance, etc.)
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain ETLs and other data management processes
- Troubleshoot and provide daily technical support for customer issues; resolve escalated client data issues
- Communicate effectively with clients to understand their needs and to propose and deliver solutions
- Collaborate with support to advise and troubleshoot customer data quality issues
For this role as Data Engineer I, you must have:
- Experience using common data tools such as Python, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of programming in (current- SQL, in the future- .Net, C#, AWS, etc.), data queries, relational databases, etc. Experience working with common data formats and tools such as Excel, XML, JSON
- Knowledge and understanding of open source technologies such as Babelfish for PostgreSQL, OpenSearch, Airflow
- Experience with working with S3 buckets. Sending and receiving files via SFTP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge and experience with Renaissance products
- Experience working in an education technology environment
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms, AWS preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $ 61,800 - $92,700 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.