When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology!
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
We are seeking an intern to join Renaissance’s Psychometrics, Research, Learning Science & Innovation Team. A PRLSI intern will conduct a research project to develop, prototype, and evaluate new algorithms that will shape Renaissance’s future products.
The ideal candidate plans to enter a career path in data science, educational research, computer science, or a related field. They have a demonstrated interest in human learning, teaching, cognition, or human-computer interaction.
The Learning Sciences & Innovation Team brings innovation to Renaissance’s offerings by integrating knowledge from the learning sciences, instructional design, and data science to derive new insights for educators and to yield superior learning outcomes for all learners. In addition to researching student learning models and providing analytics to support development and alignment of instructional content, the group helps to design cutting-edge solutions which run across all Renaissance products and is responsible for the infrastructure that serves all of Renaissance’s research data needs.
- Support the PRLSI team’s research and development efforts in one or more projects, by developing, testing, and reporting on algorithmic models.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders at Renaissance including Product Owners, Software Engineers, User Experience Researchers, and others.
- Create reproducible research notebooks and documentation which clearly communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
For this role we’d like to see:
- Candidate who is actively working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree, and eligible to work in the US.
- Candidate who can communicate technical knowledge at an audience appropriate level.
- Statistical programming experience in Python or R, and corresponding common scientific computing libraries.
- Experience with modern data analysis methodologies: visualization, probabilistic models, machine learning, hypothesis testing, and model evaluation.
- Enrolled in a graduate-level program in computer science, data science, educational research, human-computer interaction, or related area.
- Familiarity with databases and query languages such as SQL.
- Experience conducting a research study.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: $22 / hour
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products. Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.