Techstars is a global investor that identifies and nurtures startup companies from the earliest stages all the way to IPO. Our unique position within the investment domain leads to exclusive access to specialized and specific data about startups that can and will change the startup community. The Techstars enterprise data platform is being built from the ground up on modern, cloud-based technologies with support from the highest levels of management to revolutionize the use of data throughout Techstars. We are looking for a person to drive the strategy for the enterprise data analytics solution on this enterprise platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing our internal data analytics solutions that will provide company-wide accessibility of enterprise data. You will work closely with data product and engineering to rapidly deliver value by delivering high value, iterative data analytics solutions through continuous engagement with stakeholder and engineering teams.
You should apply if …
- You are a leader who delivers value to the business by inspiring teams to build new analytics solutions that add high fidelity value for stakeholders.
- You love diving deep into data -- understanding leading data technologies and developing ways to leverage our data assets in new, meaningful ways.
- You are an excellent problem solver and communicator, who is highly engaged and able to communicate with strategy, design, analytics, and engineering teams with ease.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business problems that need to be solved by working directly with business stakeholders.
- Design data analytics and data business logic solutions that solve the business problems, while taking into account value to business, trade-offs and cost/benefit of different solutions, and scalability.
- Facilitate the execution of the data analytics solutions into user-friendly, impactful dashboards, reports, or other analytics tools through a strong partnership with data engineering leadership, your own technical and analytical acumen, and your knowledge of the data.
- Facilitate the execution of the data business logic solutions into engineering requirements through a strong partnership with data engineers, your own technical and analytical acumen, and your knowledge of the data.
- Deliver in depth analysis of major data platform changes, in partnership with data engineers, to communicate impact to business stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience working with data engineers in an agile environment
- Degree in Engineering, Comp Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience with BI reporting and dashboard development
- Experience working heavily with financial or other business systems
- Experience with data modeling, statistical analysis, ML model development
- Experience with Jupyter and/or Apache Zeppelin, Hadoop, Spark or similar systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and use the terminology understood by diverse audiences
- Ability to interact with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines and work well with all levels of leadership
- Team Player - possess the empathy and interpersonal skills to develop an understanding of the needs of, and communicate effectively with, a large variety of partner teams
- Curiosity - possess a strong desire to learn more and dig deeper to find a solution
- Leadership - strong presence amongst team members and stakeholders to drive initiatives forward
- Self-reflective - possess the ability to honestly self-reflect and learn from each experience
Compensation range: $70,000+ DOE + 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.