Analytica is seeking a Data Scientist to support one or more dynamic, long-term federal government data science programs. The company works as a trusted advisor to U.S. federal government clients in health, civilian, and national security missions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team working in an Agile environment to produce advanced analytics solutions.
Analytica has been recognized byInc. Magazine as one of the 250 fastest-growing US small businesses for three consecutive years. We work with U.S. government clients to build data-driven products and cultures that make an impact on our daily lives. Analytica offers competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer-paid health care, unlimited training funds, and a 401k match.
- Feature Engineering and Attribute Evaluation - The candidate must demonstrate experience with identifying the key determinants for modeling that exist in the business process and within existing data sets, as well as selecting evaluation protocols (model techniques).
- Pre-processing - Demonstrate the skills and experience to collect, clean, and prepare data sets for input into a computational model using technologies such as Python or R. Candidates will explain various methods you have applied using common pre-processing functions.
- Modeling - Candidates will have practiced skills and experience selecting and applying modeling techniques to fit the business problem. Ideal candidates should be able to apply machine learning (ML) supervised and unsupervised learning, regression, neural networks and deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Validation - Candidates will have experience investigating, testing, reporting, and justifying model results.
- Visualization – Candidates should be comfortable presenting the results of their modeling activities, depicting the insights realized, and explaining the relevance of their results to the organization’s business challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field; Master's degree or PhD a plus
- 3+ years in data science, data engineering, as a statistician, or a related quantitative field
- High degree of experience in Python to support the development of complex statistical use cases
- Experience implementing unsupervised (e.g., clustering), semi-supervised (e.g., label propagation) and supervised learning (e.g., ensemble classifiers) algorithms, and when it is appropriate to use each is a strong plus
- Experience pulling and organizing data from relational databases using SQL
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or Databricks
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
About Analytica: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) appraises the company at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.