Analytica is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support long term federal client engagement across health or federal financial regulatory environments. The position will apply statistical programming, modeling, visualization techniques, data mining, and forecasting skills to analyze public sector use cases. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with stakeholders, learning their business problems, providing technical guidance, and evangelizing the team’s data science capabilities.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solution matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
This position is supporting clients in the DC Metro area.
- Feature Engineering and Attribute Evaluation - Candidate must demonstrate experience with identifying the key determinants for modeling that exist in the business process and within existing data sets, as well as selecting evaluation protocols (model techniques).
- Pre-processing - Demonstrate the skills and experience to collect, clean, and prepare data sets for input into a computational model using technologies such as Python or R.
- Modeling - Candidates will have practiced skills and experience selecting and applying modeling techniques to fit the business problem. Ideal candidates should be able to apply machine learning (ML) supervised and unsupervised learning, regression, neural networks and deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Validation - Candidates will have experience investigating, testing, reporting, and justifying model results.
- Visualization – Candidates should be comfortable presenting the results of their modeling activities, depicting the insights realized, and explaining the relevance of their results to the organization’s business challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field; Master's degree or PhD a plus
- Seven (7)+ years in data science, data engineering, as a statistician, or a related quantitative field
- Strong problem-solving skills, leveraging domain knowledge, information technology, and data science techniques
- High degree of experience utilizing Python or R to support the development of complex advanced analytics use cases
- Experience implementing unsupervised (e.g., clustering), semi-supervised (e.g., label propagation) and supervised learning (e.g., ensemble classifiers) algorithms, and when it is appropriate to use each is a strong plus
- Ability to providing complex data analysis, evaluation and communication to identify and analyze complex financial, securities, tax or health data as required
- Ability to implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Experience querying data from relational databases using SQL
- Experience with development of predictive analytics models
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.