Analytica is seeking a Senior SQL / ETL Developer with Microsoft SQL experience to support a long term data science project for a federal government client. The ideal candidate will be comfortable being a lead data engineer working with data scientists to understand data requirements, develop SQL queries and stored procedures for feeding the database and data models.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solution matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Conduct database administration and development on Microsoft SQL Server
- Develop business solution logic using SQL and T-SQL or similar query/scripting languages to execute on the reporting and data validation needs related to the data platform.
- Create and maintain SQL scripts, stored procedures, and other program logic to create, update, and delete data.
- Design and implement schema changes, manage indexes, and alter data objects to optimize performance.
- Design efficient data models from a logical design based on business requirements and available use patterns.
- Identify entity relationships, referential integrity constraints, and primary key structures. Perform analysis of tradeoffs between alternative schemas.
- Extend data templates to include relevant fields, publish data standards, document and publish data taxonomy and hierarchies.
- Support data science team to compile, analyze and extract data for use in advanced machine learning and modeling.
- Create and maintain documentation that includes file specifications, schema, core record layouts, programs, business requirements, test plans, and other artifacts used in the administration, creation, and execution of database operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft SQL database programming / development / administration
- Experience working in an Agile environment as part of Agile SAFe or Scrum teams
- Expertise in designing and building enterprise-grade applications
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Interest developing data streams in Microsoft Azure a plus
- Familiarity with tax or financial related data a plus
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.