Head of Analytics & Insight (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you come in—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-focused and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve our goals. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever you choose to work from, we will make sure you get a proper onboarding (virtual or in person), so that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
The Head of Analytics & Insight leads the analytics department and oversees the activities of its teams and team members. In this role, the Head of Analytics & Insight ensures that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization. The Head of Analytics & Insights partners with departments to drive business outcomes through purposeful measurement and discovering causal, actionable relationships between metrics.
The Head of Analytics & Insight drives outcomes by creating a comprehensive analytics solution blending People, Process and Technology. Recruiting and managing a team, creating a workflow for discovery and overseeing the development of technical solutions are all critical skill sets. This role needs someone who can get their hands dirty and tackle the hard analytical challenges of a fast growing company and leveraging all the assets at their disposal to come up with answers.
Build the team
- Design the organizational structure and determine the roles to best suit the company needs
- Source and attract prospective team members who really want to make a difference
- Create compelling offers and close the best people
Manage the team
- Create a culture of customer service and purposefulness that solves for the company’s insight needs
- Foster teamwork, break down silos and create continuous improvement throughout the whole department
- Manage people with empathy, honesty and optimism, helping them to outstanding professional success.
Guide the Work
- Foster the development of KPIs and teach departments how to measure themselves
- Uncover the causal relationship between KPIs to enable cross-department strategies
- Develop a robust, comprehensive experimentation capability to uncover specific insight
- Partner with senior management to create strategic recommendations on where to invest company resources
- Coach analysts on how to derive knowledge, develop insight and create persuasive recommendations
Drive Technology Development
- Find the best technology solutions for unblocking insight
- Ensure lack of technology is not a constraint to production
- Foster the discovery and adoption of cutting edge, pragmatic analytics technologies in the areas of analytics engineering, ad hoc analytics, visualization, metric stores, feature stores and predictive analytics.
Partner with Stakeholders
- Understand other departments key objectives
- Foster a culture of being insight-driven
- Drive stakeholder self-sufficiency and enablement
- Subject matter: This role supports the needs of marketing, product, and finance. Knowledge of their business and KPIs is critical
- Statistical: Sound grounding in statistical methods and predictive modelling
- Technology: Experience with the modern data stack and best of breed analytics tools.
- Experience: Experience managing multiple analytics teams and reporting to senior management. Capable of both getting their hands dirty and delegating.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form are a must have. Beyond just presenting, this role needs to be an educator, helping the business understand itself better
- People: Empathy and servant-leadership is a must. This role needs a person who is truly committed to helping their people succeed.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Chung will be happy to receive your application.