Team Lead - Product Analytics (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
Jimdo believes that decisions should be based on data, hence the mission of the Data department is to “enable high decision quality at Jimdo by empowering everyone to make data-informed decisions in a timely manner”. A large part of this mission is to develop a data-driven culture. This requires us to make data available and digestible as well as educating everyone on how data can be used to drive actionable insights.
As the Team Lead - Product Analytics you are leading a growing team of four Data Analysts. Each Data Analyst has a dedicated product team that they are working closely together with. As the number of product teams are growing, so is your team. Your goal is to empower the product teams to better utilize data and better understand our customers. In this role, you are a facilitator. You help your team to grow and you help Product in their strategic decision making. While you don’t need to work much hands-on, you need to be capable of doing so to better understand the needs of your teams and be able to help each team member to improve.
You and your team are the voice of Data within the product organization. You all believe in a data-driven decision making approach and are able to convince others of it by showing them the value in their day-to-day work. For this, you don’t shy away from conflict but at the same time work cooperative to create value for Jimdo. You are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions and have a strong business focus.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location. Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
- You lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team of Data Analysts
- You work closely together with the Product leadership team to drive impact with data in strategic decision making and throughout the whole product development process
- You set up processes that enable your team and the product teams to collaborate closely to better understand our customer behavior, our product performance and the business
- You are leading your team to create actionable insights from data and develop statistical models to drive product decisions
- You create frameworks to analyse the performance of our products and influence change by presenting product insights and recommendations within the organization
- You are part of the Data leadership team in which you strongly communicate the needs and ideas of your team
- You are leading department-wide initiatives to improve data fluency at Jimdo
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in an analytics, product or data science role of which you had at least 1+ year of experience in leading a team
- You have a deep understanding of what best practice for funnel analytics, customer segmentation, user modeling, and A/B-testing looks like
- You effectively communicate complex matters and requirements to non-domain experts in a simple, crisp and concise way - visually and verbally
- You are able to identify key metrics that measure and drive long-term customer engagement and loyalty
- You have sharp business judgment and easily separate signals from noise when it comes to summarizing and presenting actionable insights
- You have very strong communication and networking skills to communicate cross functional and with senior management
- You stay informed and up to date with the development and events of recent scientific findings and market development
Nice to Have
- You already worked in a SaaS and/or Freemium product environment
- You have experience with at least one Machine Learning framework and related tools (scikit-learn, weka, H2O, TensorFlow, Keras, MXNet, etc.)
We hire for several positions within our data department at the moment. Please have a read through the other positions as well and feel free to let us know about all positions that would interest you. 1 application is enough - we’ll consider you for the others as well.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.