Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Head of Business Intelligence to join our Finance team. This role will build and lead the Business Intelligence function at Grammarly. The Business Intelligence team will identify, define, refine, and report company-wide business metrics internally and externally to investors. The team will develop a deep understanding of the underlying data; work closely with others to research, test, and choose optimal definitions for metrics; develop high-impact reporting both internally and externally; develop and implement change management and review processes; and educate decision-makers within Grammarly on those metrics with the ultimate goal of improving decision-making.
As Head of Business Intelligence, you will provide insight into operating and financial results and trends. You will accomplish this by bringing discipline around definitions, reporting, and change management to provide our CFO and other executives with key business metrics and analysis as Grammarly scales. You will build relationships with team members across the company to gain insights into operating results and trends. And, you will use that knowledge to help tell the story of Grammarly, both internally and to investors.
Within your first 30 days, you will get up to speed on vision, strategy, roadmap, financial model, and key financial drivers.
By month three, you will lay out a detailed framework for business intelligence needs and a plan to deliver them. You will begin implementing these strategies.
By month six, you will have a written summary of business intelligence needs and priorities, and an 18-month roadmap for achieving them.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has high integrity and acts as a financial steward, with an innate ROI focus on driving high long-term returns and eliminating unnecessary investment.
- Is a deeply analytical thinker who is driven to dig deep to understand the nuances and find the right answers.
- Demonstrates an ability to tell stories and build momentum around initiatives internally.
- Is strategy- and planning-oriented, and thinks broadly about using finance as a tool to drive strategy and a broad set of operational questions.
- Is willing to challenge assumptions in the role/industry and think creatively about solutions, including thinking about the best metrics to drive the business.
- Thinks objectively and rationally, with the ability to prioritize and focus on key initiatives driving material results.
- Is fluent in foundational tools like SQL, Scala, Spark, Databricks, and higher-level tools such as Tableau or Looker—and has the confidence to architect solutions that will work for Grammarly as it scales.
- Has firsthand experience working with high-volume subscription businesses.
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.