Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The IT Team is looking for a seasoned IT Data Analyst who will help launch a new IT wide focus area. We need someone who gets energy from collecting and analyzing data. You will identify trends and provide valuable insights through developing management dashboards and technical reports focused around device, operational and network health.
What you’ll do:
- Firsthand experience and detailed knowledge of Splunk queries and building dashboards.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports
- Demonstrates knowledge in coding language(s) and strong algorithmic thinking skills
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as dashboards, diagrams and graphs.
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management or clients
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems then reorganizing data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Splunk, Jira, Tableau or similar reporting platforms and developing reports.
- Strong algorithmic thinking skills demonstrated by knowledge in coding language(s)
- A solid understanding of data sources, data organization and storage. Moving data in/out of platforms.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Knowledge of relevant relational databases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to take supervisory direction, change priorities based upon business needs and work independently when required as well as know when to bring issues and questions to the management team for direction and support.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.