PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONCE. Location preferences are specified within the application. Multiple applications may delay our recruitment process.
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Pinterest, you'll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are building the world's first discovery engine, serving up millions of recommendations to an incredibly loyal user base. At the same time, our teams are building one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with highly relevant advertisers. In this role, you can join a team in any of the following areas: image recognition, user modeling, recommender systems, natural language processing, and big data analytics. As you kickstart your career at Pinterest, you’ll help us maneuver through crazy growth and insane scale while pinpointing tomorrow’s engineering challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code
- Break down complex problems and implement creative algorithms using state-of-the-art techniques
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve modeling and ranking problems across discovery, ads and search
- Strong communicator and team player. Being able to find solutions for open-ended problems
- Mastery of at least one programming languages (Java, C++, Python) or one ML framework (Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLFlow)
- Passion for applied ML and the Pinterest product
What we’re looking for:
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another related field
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, ads ranking, recommendations, and/or natural language processing
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience in MapReduce, Hadoop, and/or distributed systems