Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The IT Team is looking for a seasoned IT Data Analyst who will help launch a new IT wide focus area. We need someone who gets energy from collecting and analyzing data. You will identify trends and provide valuable insights through developing management dashboards and technical reports.
What you’ll do:
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as dashboards, diagrams and graphs
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management or clients
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems then reorganizing data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Jira, Splunk, Tableau or similar reporting platforms and developing reports.
- A solid understanding of data sources, data organization and storage. Moving data in/out of platforms
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Knowledge of relevant relational databases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to take supervisory direction, change priorities based upon business needs and work independently when required as well as know when to bring issues and questions to the management team for direction and support
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.