This role within Effectv's Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics team focuses on implementing MLOps best practices in collaboration with the Data Science and Engineering teams. As a member of this growing team, you will work on projects that have an immediate and measurable impact on the business. As an ML Engineer, your primary goal is to develop an end-to-end model deployment and governance framework. This includes building, testing, and deploying machine learning algorithms, as well as evaluating their accuracy and functionality. You will be responsible for translating application requirements into machine learning problem statements, analyzing, and evaluating solutions both internally generated as well as third-party supplied. Your role will involve working with some of the best talent in the company to develop and architect the practice of MLOps on the cloud infrastructure. This will require collaboration with data scientists, software developers, and IT operations to ensure that ML models are integrated with other systems and processes. Responsible for deploying and maintaining optimization and machine learning applications. Analyzes and evaluates solutions that are internally generated as well as third party supplied. Develop dashboards that provide insights into ML pipelines and processes can be consumed by business stakeholders for transparency.
- Deploy and maintain ETL and ML model training pipelines and integration into API based services.
- Create and deploy dashboards for data visualization needs, which also serve as frontend for business applications.
- Provide production support to these applications and making sure they meet necessary SLAs.
- Acts on existing specifications of designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning and data monitoring.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Implements proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Roll-out of software releases on a timely cadence with automated deployment tools.
- Tracking and evaluating performance metrics.
- Work on CI/CD pipelines for model applications.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated experience in Python and Spark. Scala, Java, and R are good to have.
- 2+ years in ML model deployment in production environments
- Github / Gitlab / Bitbucket for Code version control
- Experience on at least one CI/CD or DevOps tools
- Familiarity with python packages like pandas, numpy, tensorflow, pytorch, prophet, gurobi optimizer would be great.
- Databricks for ETL and ML pipelines. Knowledge of MLflow is plus
- Databases, SQL or NoSQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis etc.)
- Have some knowledge of BI / Dashboarding frameworks (Tableau, Plotly, Dash, PowerBI, Looker)
- Bash, Linux environments and utilities
- Experience on building end to end data pipelines using tools like Spark or some Data Warehouse tool is needed.
- Having a good understanding of data flow is ideal.
- Knowledge of Palantir Foundry is good but not necessary.
- Knowledge of Mixed integer programming is good but not necessary.
- AWS cloud services for applications like (SNS, Lambda, EMR, EC2, S3, SQS).
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
National Pay Range: $87,597.31 USD-$205,306.19 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.