Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
If you’re ready to innovate and create better decision making through data, come join the Enterprise Data & Analytics Technology team as an Expert Data Engineer supporting Global Sourcing & Manufacturing and Sustainability Analytics. You will be part of an organization that is transforming Nike by engineering data and analytics solutions that are modern, flexible, and scalable.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
As an Expert Data Engineer, you will oversee engineering and architecture patterns and practices and drive the team vision on those patterns and practices, as well as help build a culture of collaboration where every voice is heard. In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with architecture to design and implement end-to-end, enterprise analytics products
- Design and implement innovative product features in collaboration with Business and Technology stakeholders
- Anticipate, identify and solve enterprise issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Clean, prepare and optimize data for ingestion and consumption in support of large, complex, scalable, end-to-end solutions
- Develop strategy and lead the implementation of new data engineering patterns and solution and data architectures
- Create strategy for building and improvement of continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks
- Define and establish best practices; drive collaborative review of design, code, test plan and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Analyze and profile complex data for designing scalable, end-to-end solutions with critical business value
- Troubleshoot complex, high risk data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
- Mentor and develop other data engineers
- Continually innovate through building proof of concepts addressing current and future customer needs
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
In this role you will work across multiple agile product team, closely partnering with Tech Leads and Engineering Managers to drive the engineering and architecture vision across the teams. The Product You will collaboratively partner with business partners, as well as other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
Some combination of these qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years relevant data engineering experience
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, solution and technical design
- Strong problem solving and analytical mentality. Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business partners
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability for building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Data Engineering essentials such as scripting languages, source control, workflow scheduling, relational and non-relational SQL, and development of complex data solutions
- Expert knowledge and experience with a diversity of tools and platforms. Experience with micro service and full stack architecture; strong knowledge of SOA principles
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies, developing and implementing proof of concepts. Experience developing terabyte and petabyte solutions
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia.
These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $157,500.00 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.