Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We seek a hard-working Sr. Data Engineer to play a critical role in the development of Nike’s Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will be part of an organization focusing on the development and delivery of data solutions and capabilities for Nike’s Commercial Analytics and data platforms. The successful candidate is motivated by thinking big data, technically proficient, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
As a Senior Data Engineer for Commercial Analytics, you will drive deliverables to completion with hands-on development responsibilities, and partner with the Lead Engineer to provide thought leadership and innovation with those deliverables.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics products
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders
- Identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Clean, prepare and optimize data for ingestion and consumption
- Collaborate on the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture
- Implement automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools
- Build continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks
- Collaboratively review design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Analyze and profile data for designing scalable solutions
- Solve data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
- Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
- Participate in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver high - quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
In this role, you will be part of an agile scrum team, closely partnering with the Product Manager, Lead Engineer, and other team members to deliver data and analytics capabilities to Nike’s Commercial Analytics organization. You will collaboratively partner with business collaborators and other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams
WHAT YOU BRING
We are looking for elite talent that brings the following key skills and experience to this role:
- Bachelor's degree of higer in IT or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- 3+ years’ experience in Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, SPARK, Hive & Delta Lake)
- 3+ years working with multiple file formats (Parque, Avro, Delta Lake) & API
- 3+ years experience in cloud environments like AWS (Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, API Gateway, NoSQL like Dynamo, EMR & S3)
- Experience with relational and non relational SQL
- Strong experience in coding languages like Python, Scala & Java
- Have experience in building realtime streaming data pipelines
- Experience in pub/sub modes like Kafka
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in building lamda, kappa, microservice and batch architecture
- Experience working on CI/CD processes and source control tools such as GitHub and related dev processes.
- Has a passion for data solutions and willing to pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $107,500 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.