Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek passionate Principal Machine Learning Engineer for Product & Innovation AI/ML, who is a cross-disciplinary (data/API/infra/infosec/ML) engineer for teams tasked with executing on AIML’s charter. In this role you will be working at the intersection of machine learning and engineering (i.e., MLOps), leading teams to deliver innovative and high-quality services which power Nike. A strong advocate for both engineering standard methodologies (e.g. code reviews, unit testing) and also the adoption of new technologies (e.g. Sagemaker, Feature Store) which can help us move faster on our journey. The person we’re searching gets energized and excited by the challenge of building things from the ground up, loves to think out of box and bring the latest technologies in AI/ML models.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Be a part of Nike’s innovation journey into use cases like marker-less motion capture, next gen research study’s that’ll shape the Future of Sports* and to Serve Athletes*. Partner with multi-faceted team of product designers, research scientists, data scientists, sport scientists, architects etc. who work on design of product, materials and method of manufacturing etc.
- Bring to bear your prior experience, knowledge of industry trends, and personal creativity to develop, as a leader and individual contributor, new and innovative solutions which delight our customers in their mission to serve Athletes*.
- Work end-to-end on the ML lifecycle, from data exploration to model operationalization, Partner with different teams and domains on designing, explaining and implementing ML models.
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientist, product etc in a multi-functional team to the delivery and maintenance of these solutions and business integration
- Stay ahead of with industry trends and recommend relevant technologies & products in the areas of Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science tools and other emerging technologies. Given the rapid pace of change in technology and machine learning today, always be pushing the boundary of what’s possible and be on the offense always.
- Adopt and embody Nike’s core values (maxims) in your work and interactions with peers, business partners, and direct reports. Model clarity and accountability as a leader of Nike. Communicate effectively, build trust and positive relationships across the company, do the right thing.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
AI/ML is one of the key groups within Enterprise Data and Analytics, and we have been chartered to help scale machine learning across Nike. One way we achieve this is by bringing cross-disciplinary teams of data scientists and engineers to areas of the business which are early in their analytics journey. For the more mature areas who already have data science teams, we help scale machine learning by providing squads of engineers to improve the velocity of those data science teams in delivering value to the business. Lastly, we work closely with our platform and architecture partners to develop capabilities which help machine learning scale easier at Nike (e.g. model management, A/B testing, feature stores). This role reports directly to the Director of AIML Engineering.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical subject area or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education, and training. Ph.D. preferred
- 8 years of proven experience across multiple roles in developing productionized code in software or data engineering, machine learning or a related field (experience with delivering analytics preferred).
- 5+ years in a machine learning or related field using Agile frameworks, processes, and team structures.
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python.
- Experience in building Data and ML pipelines such as Scikit-learn, Dask, Tensorflow, Kubeflow, Spark, EMR, databricks, AWS sagemaker or similar platforms and frameworks.
- Proficiency in the application of open-source technologies and the impact of standardized platforms and make/buy decisions in the area of Data Science, AI, & ML.
- Validated ability to articulate and/or have experience with MLOps and the lifecycle of model development from experimentation to production and measurement.
- Experience with cloud deployments, focused on automation, scale, performance and reliability. AWS experience preferred. Advocacy for mature code management workflows, infrastructure as code, application lifecycle management, and operational standard methodologies.
- Strong skills in partnering across Product, Architecture, and Engineering, and ability to influence decisions and changes across loosely coupled teams. Excellent written and oral communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $216,000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.