The Senior Data Engineer should be able to,
- Design, develop and implement scalable batch/real time data pipelines (ETLs) to integrate data from a variety of sources into Data Warehouse and Data Lake
- Design and implement data model changes that align with warehouse dimensional modeling standards.
- Proficient in Data Lake, Data Warehouse Concepts and Dimensional Data Model.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of all database environments, design and develop data pipelines, workflow, ETL solutions on both on-prem and cloud-based environments.
- Design and develop SQL stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers
- Design, code, test, document and troubleshoot deliverables
- Collaborate with others to test and resolve issues with deliverables
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis standards regarding privacy.
- Create and maintain Design documents, Source to Target mappings, unit test cases, data seeding.
- Ability to perform Data Analysis and Data Quality tests and create audit for the ETLs.
- Perform Continuous Integration and deployment using Azure Devops and Git
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Has demonstrated proficiency in designing and developing Azure Data Factory Pipelines. (2 Years)
- Strong Experience designing and implementing Data Warehouse.
- Experience working with Microsoft BI stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) and Microsoft SQL server. (5 Years)
- Must have Experience with at least one Columnar MPP Cloud data warehouse (Snowflake /Azure Synapse / Redshift) (2+ years)
- Working knowledge managing data in the Data Lake.
- Experience in ETL tools like Fivetran and DBT. (2 Years)
- Experience with Git and Azure Devops.
- Experience in Agile, Jira and Confluence.
- Solid understanding of programming SQL objects (procedures, triggers, views, functions) in SQL Server. Experience optimizing SQL queries a plus.
- Working Knowledge of Azure Architecture, Data Lake
- Advanced understanding of T-SQL, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented. Must work under limited supervision. Must demonstrate good analytical skills as it relates to data identification and mapping and excellent oral communication skills. Must be flexible and able to multi-task and be able to work within deadlines; must be team-oriented, but also be able to work independently.
- Have Healthcare experience.
- Requires minimal daily supervision
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments and determines next steps with guidance
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor
- Demonstrates competence in relevant job responsibilities which allows for increasing level of independence
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Makes logical suggestions of likely causes of problems and independently suggests solutions
- Excellent organizational skills are required to prioritize responsibilities, thus completing work in a timely fashion
- Outstanding ability to multiplex tasks as required
- Excellent project management skills.
- Attention to detail and concern for impact is essential
- Must work well with others
- Effectively communicates with others by giving and receiving feedback
- Communicates ideas and information clearly
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively interface with the entire staff, and external representatives from the business and client communities
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.