Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Business Insights/Intelligence Engineer, you are a full stack data engineer that loves solving business problems with data. You work with key business and product leads, analysts and data scientists to understand the business domain and how data can empower them. You engage with fellow engineers to develop better data platforms to make the process of producing data and deriving insights is easy and efficient. You are passionate about the quality of the data you produce and take pride in having your data drive our business.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Explore new technologies and learn new techniques to solve business problems creatively
- Think big and drive the strategy for better data quality within Pinterest
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technology
- Become the voice of business within engineering, and of engineering within business
- Create data visualizations that allow easy consumption of the data learnings and insights
- Collaborate with many teams from Product, Engineering and Business to produce relevant data solutions that can be used across multiple use cases
What we’re looking for:
- Over 5 years of experience with big data (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, SparkSQL), scripting language (Python) and data visualization (Tableau) technologies
- Hands-on experience in principled data warehouse design, data visualization and data pipeline design and development
- Prior experience working with business stakeholders in the large-scale cloud infrastructure space, preferably in cost attribution
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, embed yourself with business teams, and present solutions to business stakeholders
- Experience in working independently and driving projects end to end
- Experience working in a managerial or technical lead capacity
- Strong analytical skills
- The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $155,300 to $258,700 in the US;
- This position is eligible for equity; and
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found at https://www.pinterestcareers.com/pinterest-life/.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.