Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We are driven by our mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum. Our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care. Join us in improving healthcare for all!
We are actively hiring a full-time Sr. Data Integration Engineer to focus on supporting and extending our data platform. Bamboo Health receives HL7 data from hospitals, EHRs and HIEs around the country and this role will be responsible for integrating new HL7 EHR senders to the data pipeline using in-house tools, scripts, and custom applications. The ideal candidate will work well in a team, have a data-first mentality, and thrive in customer-facing projects.
What You Will Do:
· Partner with Operations to ensure on-boarding HL7 integrations meet target deadlines through task resolution in a timely and organized manner
· Partner with broader Platform Engineering team on cross-functional initiatives focused on infrastructure scalability and stability.
· Partner with Software Engineers focused on improving our data pipeline
· Design and execute HL7 test plans for on-boarding new integrations
· Build a standard integration process to receive data and post events to new EHR systems
· Work with ADT senders to resolve customer issues and maintain high quality interfaces
· On-board and track standard HL7 integrations
· Triage customer issues related to HL7 integrations
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
· Develop solid understanding of Bamboo Health onboarding process for Technical Implementation Services
· Contribute to HL7 data validation, mapping, and testing processes
· Develop an understanding of our HL7 data pipeline
· Build relationships across the broader Product Platform organization
In 6 months…Manage:
· Work with our Product, Operations and Network Operations Center teams to drive streamlined data processing and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Contribute to the development and reporting of data quality metrics
In 12 months…Scale:
· Develop a comprehensive knowledge of our data ingestion architecture
· Manage complex customer integrations with a heavy focus on service and quality outcomes
What You Need:
· 5+ years professional experience in or around software development
· Experience in or around the Healthcare domain
· Proficient in SQL
· Willingness to learn healthcare data exchange formats
· Ability to self-start project tasks and communicate progress clearly
· Ability to work autonomously on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately
· Experience organizing and delivering on several lines of work with clear communication on progress
· Desire to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
· A work environment that is conducive to high quality virtual interactions. This includes but is not limited to being able to work from a quiet space with minimal interruptions or distractions, and a strong internet connection.
- Healthcare data integration tools (Mirth preferred)
- Cloud-native AWS solutions
- SDLC – Git, pull requests
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Atlassian product suite
- SumoLogic, Prometheus/Grafana, or equivalent
What You Get:
· Join one of the most innovative healthcare technology companies in the country.
· Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
· Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors.
· Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits.
Bamboo Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.