Transparent.ly is a real-time pay per click bidding platform that allows advertisers to precisely bid to their target acquisition cost per new customer. The platform allows digital media owners to monetize their consumer traffic in insurance, mortgage and higher education by showing highly relevant ads to in-market consumers. Transparent.ly is the only platform that offers complete transparency to all parties in the transaction. Founded in 2018, Transparent.ly has been profitable since inception and is growing rapidly.
This role will be focused on optimizing the performance of advertisements for advertisers and publishers. Publishers typically provide a wide variety of voluntary consumer data that is ingested by Transparent.ly. The goal is to optimize the resulting ads shown to consumers to improve click through rates as well as end of funnel performance for advertisers. From the advertiser perspective, the goal is to optimize the consumers that are sent to their landing pages to improve the rate at which the consumers purchase a policy or loan.
We are looking for a hands on data scientist who can make insights using advanced techniques and apply and productionalize those insights to improve performance.
- Clear thinker who can communicate complex concepts in terms everyday people can understand.
- Strong background in statistics and applied techniques (linear/non-linear, probability, bootstrapping, etc).
- Experienced in predictive analytics, in particular ad performance prediction.
- Deep learning / neural networks experience, including applying clustering, classification and random forest.
- On the job experience creating algorithms (regressions, simulations, decision trees, neural networks, Bayesian, clustering, etc.) and models that best solve for given business opportunities and challenges.
- Strong background in data mining and data architecture.
- Solid programming skill in Python, R & SQL.
- Knowledge of AB-testing and the related analysis.
- 3-4 years of applied data science experience.
- Hands on experience cleaning datasets and training data.
- Quantitative degree from a top 25 school, preferred but not required.
- Masters or post undergraduate level coursework in machine learning.
- Familiarity with implementing machine learning through AWS.
- Knowledge of the insurance or fintech verticals.
- Hands on experience working with online marketing data.
- Professional experience working on recommendation systems.
- Analyze a large body of consumer data to improve click-through-rates on ads.
- Analyze advertiser performance data to identify consumer attributes most closely associated with purchase for a particular advertiser.
- Optimize consumer demand while balancing advertiser performance.
- Create and make bidding strategies in the platform to execute on findings.
- Champion and project manage data related initiatives with engineering and business teams to productionalize insights.
- Explain methodologies and insights to company executives and clients to promote understanding and gain buy in.
- Manage a team of analysts and develop the data science practice within the company.
- Establish and organize a regular process to conduct client optimizations and communicate actions to fellow team members and clients.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Transparent.ly is a part The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Transparent.ly. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Salary Range for this position is $147,000 - $215,000.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment