The HubSpot marketing team uses data from a wide variety of sources to identify opportunities to improve our prospect and customer experiences. The Marketing Analytics, Reporting, & Strategy team is responsible for providing the marketing team with the data infrastructure and analytical expertise to drive the business with data driven insights.
As a Marketing Data Analyst you will be responsible for helping build out the data infrastructure that the marketing team uses to make data driven decisions. You will transform large and complex data sets to enable other marketing team members to access data easily. This role will offer you the opportunity to become an expert on HubSpot’s data and how to manipulate that data into value for the business.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build out scalable data models to structure data and analyze key parts of the HubSpot business
- Own and improve key reporting for Executive stakeholders
- Coordinate with stakeholders across Marketing to ensure that data is accessible and metrics are well-defined
- Support marketers with training about how to use reporting to make data-driven decisions
- Communicate findings and data insights to your stakeholders
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical areas of the business, bridging the gap between the business problem and the technical solution
- Work cross-functionally to connect and train with the wider business and coordinate efforts on data, analytics and automation projects
- Work collaboratively with our Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams to expand access to data across the business
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience working with complex datasets using SQL (any dialect, we use Snowflake SQL)
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Experience using a Business Intelligence tool (we use Looker)
- The ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally to drive actionable and measurable results
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- A passion for the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Experience combining data from disparate data sources to identify insights that were previously unknown
- A desire to constantly learn and improve themselves
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Experience leading the technical execution of business intelligence and analytics related projects of large scope and complexity
- Experience using advanced SQL techniques (windows functions, JSON flattening, common table expressions, UDFs, etc.) for data investigation, transformation, and analysis
- Experience with data build tool (dbt)
- A passion for teaching others how to make data driven decisions
- Experience with data science and statistical tools such as R, Python, or others
- Experience translating project requirements into a set of technical sub-tasks that build towards a final deliverable
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of a SaaS business and/or experience working at one
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.