Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Intelligence I for a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Analyst Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Independently participates in gathering complex business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Works closely with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ - to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Develops advanced knowledge to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or otherbusiness-relateddiscipline.
- 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- 4 years of experience in data/analytics or directly related functional operations experience (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.); Or Advanced degree in relevant discipline with 2 years experience experience in data/analytics or directly related functional operations experience (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.).
- Experience identifying and implementing innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to embed intuitive story telling within business intelligence solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Bank data. Specific knowledge of AML, Fraud, and/or Central Ops data a big plus.
- Knowledge of multiple data platforms like Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, UDB/DB2, SQL Server, and both operational and analytical data stores
- Strong SQL skill and data exploration skill, with emphasis on detailed data validation.
- Knowledge of data documentation and meta data sources
- Knowledge of Info-Stewardship process (BISP)
- Knowledge of GitLab
- Tableau Development and visualization skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.