Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Intelligence Analyst Senior for any of the following locations: San Antonio, TX Office, Phoenix, AZ Tampa, FL Offices, Plano, TX Office or the Colorado Office This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Provides system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques, and processes.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other business-related discipline OR 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- 6 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function; OR if Advanced degree in a STEM discipline, 4 years’ experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative approaches to address moderately complex business problems and solutions.
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Experience translating business implications of highly technical analysis with peers and non-analytical business partners to drive results
- 2+ years of experience with agile methodology
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Intermediate Tableau
- Intermediate SAS Skills
- Proven track record of independently leading and driving impact on process creation or improvements
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.