Purpose of Job
This role has a work from home option.
Leads a team of Business Strategy Analysts who use quantitative and qualitative analytics to provide thought leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the analytic direction for the business unit to enable proactive and sustained information-based learning on industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends.
- Leads discussions with various key partners to provide input into strategy development based on learning from analyses and strategy management work.
- Oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy, and the development of the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product or member experience.
- Partners with key teams to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels and Member Experience.
- Applies expert analytical rigor and industry best practices to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Effectively communicates the significance of the strategic insights to senior leaders and key stakeholders, and influences and drives strategic agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in data/analytics or strategy consulting (i.e. industry trends, market analysis and strategic direction), OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics with 6 years of experience in data/analytics and strategy consulting.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience
- Extensive experience identifying business needs and leading strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
- Expert analytical skills with experience using hypotheses-driven problem solving
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions and improve business results.
- Extensive experience leading and performing complex data analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python)
- Demonstrated experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Experience leading high performing teams in operational, strategic, and risk management analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of Real Estate products and associated MIS.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/21/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.