Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Business Intelligence Analyst Lead for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, or 100% Remote Work Environment.
In this position you will analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and provides oversight in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes and expert understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead or direct the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation or data collection.
- A strategic partner with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ - to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value.
- Provides thought leadership and system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- Provides internal team leadership by mentoring and providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the direction of management.
- Influences and drives Business Intelligence maturation across the Data & Analytic community.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other business-related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of data & analytics experience; OR 6 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 8 years combined experience; OR Advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline and 6 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Experience and expertise in the identification and implementation of innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills delivering tailored presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Demonstrated data and/or analytics subject matter expertise.
- Eight plus years of extensive experience developing and implementing Tableau Visualizations with a large financial services institution.
- Experience using SQL-based languages to create Dashboarding, analytics, & data wrangling.
- Experience creating Business Object reports within a large financial services institution.
- Experience working with Legal or Financial data.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and coaching junior business intelligence analyst.
- Experience creating and presenting dashboards and analytics to executive level leadership.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.