Location San Antonio, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Chesapeake, Virginia; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona; Plano, Texas; Tampa, Florida
- Job ID
- Date posted
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analytics Manager Lead with experience executing CECL models in the consumer lending portfolio space. Our ideal candidate will also have experience leading the implementation of effective risk management frameworks to provide strategic solutions for bank portfolios. As the Lead for quantitative credit/behavioral/financial analytics or predictive modeling, you will assess risks and opportunities, as well as lead effective challenge for risk and strategy proposals. Join our team and make a difference today!.
This position can work remotely in the continental U.S. with occasional business travel. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrates industry leading practices and experienced analytical rigor to lead assessments of risks and opportunities across the Bank’s consumer portfolios and translate results into strategic solutions.
- Leads resilient, risk/return optimized, well governed Bank risk strategies across lines of defense by effectively developing and improving complex analytical frameworks, analyzing data and processes, and succinctly communicating insights to diverse and senior leader audiences.
- Applies expert knowledge to implement advanced quantitative analysis across departments and programs.
- Leads development of nuanced qualitative analysis that brings structure and clarity to ambiguous and challenging bank or enterprise problems.
- Provides effective challenge to risk proposals in designated risk area of credit, market, operations, product, strategic, through detailed research and vetting, using banking product, regulatory, and industry knowledge and critical thinking skills to ensure strong portfolio performance outcomes.
- Responsible for and leads the design and implementation of effective risk management frameworks that enable strong identification, measurement, and mitigation of risk in a complex environment.
- Leads the development and maintenance of comprehensive risk reporting suite in support of management and committee oversight of existing and emerging risks.
- Applies analytically derived insights to implement strategic decisions with significant impact to business results.
- Efficiently leads work results by providing thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members regarding analytics and risk management.
- May lead implementation of advanced credit and/or financial modeling infrastructure.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years experience in an analytical field or focused on leading risk management execution, advanced analytics and risk assessments OR 6 years experience in an analytical field or focused on risk management execution, analytics or risk assessments with an advanced degree in a quantitative, scientific, engineering, business or technical fields. OR an equivalent level of evidenced, demonstrated competencies in industry leading risk management execution, advanced analytics, and risk assessments.
- 3 years prior industry leading analytical experience in a financial services or highly regulated environment.
- Ability to independently drive high impact projects to successful completion.
- Experience delivering cross functional action plans by communicating complex analytical insights and compelling risk mitigating solutions.
- Confirmed ability to provide effective challenge to senior leaders regarding risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience applying critical thinking skills in reviewing strategy or risk proposals to ensure successful portfolio performance outcomes.
- Experience crafting and implementing effective risk management frameworks.
- Experience mentor and guiding peers on analytics and/or risk management.
- Proven knowledge of relevant laws, rules and regulations, such as mentorship and requirements associated with OCC Heightened Standards.
- Ability to ensure regulatory adherence of relevant work deliverables within scope of role.
- Solid understanding of current analytical coding languages such as Python, SAS, or SQL.
What sets you apart:
- PhD preferred
- CECL model development, implementation or execution experience for Consumer Lending Portfolios
- Advanced understanding of credit risk performance drivers as well as statistical modeling and analysis concepts and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $138,230 - $264,200.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Applications for this position are accepted on an ongoing basis, this posting will remain open until the position is filled. Thus, interested candidates are encouraged to apply the same day they view this posting.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.