Steady is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Income Analytics team to accelerate our understanding of mixed earner and 1099 income. This role will require a mixture of data productization with our Engineering and Product teams; story-telling and insights for senior business leaders; and interface with our Data Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Data Operations teams as we continually improve our 360-degree income profile of the 110+ million gig economy workers.
During your day-to-day, you will become the domain expert in one or more data sources powering our income intelligence efforts, which include bank transactions, payroll, opportunities, skills, and employers. Your knowledge of the size, scope, and intersection of these interconnected data streams is crucial to surfacing and productizing a broader understanding of mixed earner income which we leverage to verify income history in Income Passport and lift in the Steady App.
To be successful, you need a solid understanding of the company’s strategic and operational goals as well as a customer-first mindset and the ability to communicate at the executive level. If you have a natural curiosity, the technical skill to apply that curiosity in investigating large data sets, and an ability to tell a story with data and visualization, we want to hear from you!
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in the exhaustive data that we have collected on the jobs (500 thousand+), employers (20 million+), and bank transactions (1 billion+) from our users.
- Surface data-driven insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the leaders across the organization.
- Collaborate, iterate, and build with other Data Analysts and members of the Steady team.
- Work with Data Engineering to develop and implement new analytical tools and improve our underlying data infrastructure.
- Work with Data Science to iterate and improve on ML models that are surfaced to our users using data, analysis, and experimentation results.
- Develop with Data Engineering and Product to create new high-value data products that can be served up to our users.
- Run exploratory analyses to uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and quickly assess the potential upside of a given opportunity.
- Automate relentlessly so your and others’ time can be spent on high-value analysis rather than running reports.
- Effectively balance competing priorities and deadlines, with an eye on both short-term delivery with long-term direction and value.
- Help drive a data-first culture where data is understood and leveraged in decision making.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience (5-8 years preferred) performing exploratory data analysis to understand the characteristics of a data set and identify patterns.
- Strategic thinker who is able to ideate quickly and creatively using data to best solve problems.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile, team-oriented, entrepreneurial, and high-energy environment with shifting priorities.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, making assumptions, drawing conclusions and distilling complex analysis for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with different parts of the organization and with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones
- Experience writing SQL queries, utilizing dbt, and working with analytic databases, preferably with Snowflake.
- Strong data visualization skills (experience with Tableau preferred)
- Experience with R, Python, or other analytical exploratory languages.
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT best practices (data lakes vs. data warehouse).
- Familiarity and experience with the AWS data ecosystem (S3, AWS Glue, EMR, etc.), modern data stacks (Ascend, Databricks), and Data Science/ Data Engineering teams.
- Experience of efficient manipulation and storage of large datasets.
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and provides a weekly meal stipend. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, and increase buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem. Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
About Steady Income Passport
Income Passport is a new Steady product designed to facilitate income verification for 1099 and mixed-income earners for government assistance programs like unemployment, Medicaid, Disaster Relief, and SNAP (to name a few). With countless applications beyond the government sector, from tax preparation to proof of employment, Income Passport aims to be the go-to source for all income verification needs. Through automation and a proprietary process, Income Passport compiles users’ income and payroll data into a single digital document that can be easily sent or shared as needed. With Income Passport, Steady is bringing income verification into the future.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.