Steady is seeking sharp, highly-motivated data engineers who are excited to play a major role in our product and engineering evolution. We are looking for product-focused, results-oriented engineers who thrive in a collaborative, team-focused culture. You will work closely with data scientists, data operations professionals, analysts, product managers, business stakeholders, and your team to help define, implement, and ship significant increments to the data infrastructure that powers Steady’s mission-driven products.
Responsibilities of Senior Data Engineer
- Design, develop, and deliver high-quality, performant, scalable, well-tested, documented, and sensible technical solutions suitable to high-impact technical challenges
- Administer, maintain, and improve Steady’s data infrastructure and data processing pipelines, including ETL jobs, events processing, and job monitoring and alerting
- Engage in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle in a cross-functional team setting
- Partner with engineers, data scientists, and senior leadership to define and refine our data architecture and technology choices
- Fearlessly work across components, services, and concerns to deliver business value
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to prepare complex data sets that can be used to solve difficult problems
- Help define, implement, and reinforce data engineering best practices and processes
- Contribute to Steady’s technical vision
Skills & Requirements
- Significant data engineering and/or software development experience (5+ years)
- Experience developing scalable production software in Python, Java, or other programming languages commonly used in data engineering
- Experience ingesting, processing, and transforming a variety of data at scale
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases, plus data warehousing concepts
- Demonstrated aptitude with ETL concepts and tools such as Airflow or AWS Glue
- Experience with the AWS data ecosystem, e.g. Glue, ECS, S3, Lambda, EMR, etc.
- Understanding of event-driven and/or streaming workflows with tools like Kafka and Spark
- Experience administering cloud-based analytics databases, e.g. Snowflake or Redshift
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work well in teams of all sizes with representatives from a diverse set of technical backgrounds
- Preferred: Experience building or maintaining a data science development environment such as Sagemaker or Databricks, including deployment and monitoring using tools like MLflow
- Preferred: Experience with infrastructure tools like Istio, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, etc.
- Preferred: Experience with indexing and search technologies like Elasticsearch, SOLR, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and there is a weekly meal stipend. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, and increase buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem. Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
About Steady Income Passport
Income Passport is a new Steady product designed to facilitate income verification for 1099 and mixed-income earners for government assistance programs like unemployment, Medicaid, Disaster Relief, and SNAP (to name a few). With countless applications beyond the government sector, from tax preparation to proof of employment, Income Passport aims to be the go-to source for all income verification needs. Through automation and a proprietary process, Income Passport compiles users’ income and payroll data into a single digital document that can be easily sent or shared as needed. With Income Passport, Steady is bringing income verification into the future.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.