Steady is seeking sharp, highly-motivated data scientists who are excited to play a major role in building high-impact data-backed products and intelligence-powered engines. We are looking for product-focused, results-oriented data scientists who thrive in a collaborative, team-focused culture. You will work closely with data engineers, data operations professionals, analysts, product managers, business stakeholders, and your team to help define, implement, and ship meaningful automated data intelligence that powers Steady’s mission-driven products.
Responsibilities of a Senior Data Scientist
- Design, develop, and deliver creative, insightful, high-quality, well-tested, documented, and sensible data science solutions to address high-impact technical challenges
- Create, maintain, evolve, and improve Steady’s data augmentation and intelligence capabilities, in batch mode, microservices, and real-time data processing pipelines
- Engage in all relevant phases of the agile software development lifecycle in a cross-functional team setting, while building our impactful data capabilities
- Partner with data engineers, data operations professionals, and senior leadership to define and refine our data science technology and quality monitoring choices
- Collaborate with data engineers, data annotators, and analysts to define and build complex data sets that can be used to solve difficult problems
- Collaborate with the growth team to analyze market-based tests and other challenges
- Help define, implement, and reinforce data science best practices and processes
- Contribute to Steady’s technical and scientific vision
Skills & Requirements
- Significant data science experience (3+ years with PhD, 5+ years with MS or equivalent)
- Experience with a broad range of data science tools, including data analysis, machine learning, statistical modeling, and data visualization
- Demonstrated proficiency developing prototype software in Python, R, or Java, with a strong understanding and command of common libraries in a common data science stack
- Experience working with a variety of data formats and types, preferably at scale
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases, plus data warehousing concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work well in teams of all sizes with representatives from a diverse set of technical backgrounds
- Preferred: Experience in a data science development environment such as Sagemaker or Databricks, including tools like MLflow and Spark-based development, or equivalent
- Nice to have: Experience with graph-based machine learning and/or NLP
- Nice to have: Experience developing scalable production software in Python or Java, including experience with microservices and test-driven development
- Relevant advanced degree in a quantitative field, including Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, and Operations Research, or equivalent
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success. We offer competitive compensation packages and a 100% company-paid benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and there is a weekly meal stipend. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission-driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app users can build & track income, and increase buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, pay down debt, save for purchases, and supplement their income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem. Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
About Steady Income Passport
Income Passport is a new Steady product designed to facilitate income verification for 1099 and mixed-income earners for government assistance programs like unemployment, Medicaid, Disaster Relief, and SNAP (to name a few). With countless applications beyond the government sector, from tax preparation to proof of employment, Income Passport aims to be the go-to source for all income verification needs. Through automation and a proprietary process, Income Passport compiles users’ income and payroll data into a single digital document that can be easily sent or shared as needed. With Income Passport, Steady is bringing income verification into the future.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future with an income-building platform that creates financial stability and helps its users to take charge of their future.
For more information, visit us at www.steadyapp.com or on Twitter @TheSteadyApp.
Steady, Platform Inc. (Steady) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Steady accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Steady employees, Steady hiring manager, or send to any Steady facility. Steady is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.