The HubSpot marketing team uses data from a wide variety of sources to identify opportunities to improve our prospect and customer experiences. The Marketing Analytics, Reporting, & Strategy team is responsible for providing the marketing team with the data infrastructure and analytical expertise to drive the business with data driven insights.
As a Data Analyst you will be using data to make strategic recommendations to our leadership team about how to optimize website, SEO, and acquisition performance. You will be responsible for being an expert translator between raw data insights and business strategy and management. This role will offer you the opportunity to learn about a broad swath of HubSpot’s business and become an expert in how to use data and statistics to improve the business.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Utilize your analytical skill-set to evaluate business data and drive key business decisions
- Conduct quantitative research and build forecasting models to develop insights and recommendations on business strategy to executive leadership
- Vet and manage internal and external tools for SEO and website analytics and ensure consistency and accuracy across all data sources.
- Support the CROs on experiment measurement and analysis using both our testing tool (Convert) and our internal data and visualization tools (Looker, Snowflake, etc.).
- Collaborate with senior leadership to support strategic planning for the Marketing & Sales organizations
- Be a driving influencer and teacher on the use and application of data and analysis for the Web Strategy and SEO teams
- Become an expert in translating marketing leadership’s needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights
- Conduct analysis of prospect & customer behaviors to uncover issues or opportunities your teams can use to improve HubSpot’s website experience
- Communicate findings and data insights to your stakeholders with a point of view and desire to enable your teams to make a data-driven decision
We are looking for people who have:
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Experience working with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, SEO tools like Google Search Console, and CRO tools like Optimizely or Convert.
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets knowledge.
- Experience using a Business Intelligence tool (we use Looker)
- Experience using SQL to manipulate data (any dialect, we use Snowflake SQL)
- The ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally to drive actionable and measurable results
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- A passion for the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- A passion for teaching others how to make data driven decisions
- A desire to constantly learn and improve themselves
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Are able to identify the right data, analysis, or approach to translate complex business problems into insights and actionable recommendations
- Experience running an annual planning and forecasting process, from stakeholder management to leading the model development
- Experience owning all stages of program and change management, from ideation and hypothesis testing through gaining executive buy-in and field execution
- Experience presenting analyses to key stakeholders at different organizational levels
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of a SaaS business and/or experience working at one
- Experience with data science and statistical tools such as R, Python, or others
- Experience using advanced SQL techniques (windows functions, JSON flattening, common table expressions, UDFs, etc.) for data investigation, transformation, and analysis