Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer - Mid Level, for our Phoenix, AZ facility or this person may work remotely, in a 100% remote remote work environment.
Data Engineers deliver quality reporting and data intelligence solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing insights to make informed, data driven decisions. Data Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle; gather and analyze requirements, collect, process, store and secure, use, share and communicate, archive, reuse and repurpose data. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design and implement technical solutions.
- Identify and solve significant technical problems and architecture deficiencies.
- Participate in daily standups and design reviews.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and approaches.
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Help on-board entry level engineers.
- Collaborate with the team and other engineers to plan and execute assignments and tasks.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR Certification from an approved technical field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 4 years of data management experience implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- 4+ years’ experience developing, deploying and supporting high-quality, fault-tolerant data pipelines (leveraging distributed, data movement technologies and approaches, including but not limited to ETL and streaming ingestion and processing)
- 2 or more years’ experience utilizing Linux scripting (Python, Shell, etc.)
- 3 or more years’ experience in SQL development and/or NoSQL databases
- 1 or more years’ experience with cloud-based data offerings (Amazon AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with ETL Tools (Informatica, DataStage, Data Build Tool, etc.)
- 1 or more years of experience working with Agile Development Methodologies
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200- 158,900* ( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.