Purpose of Job
We are seeking a versatile Data Governance Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC facility.
The Bank is looking for a Data Governance Lead to engage in the development and implementation of strategies focused on maturing USAA's information governance, data quality, data architecture, data stewardship and other information management capabilities. The selected incumbent will lead the efforts to mature data stewardship practice, establish data quality by each bank data domain, implementation of metadata and data quality tools, support the adoption and enforcement of enterprise data policies, standards and procedures in alignment with industry standard methodologies.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and implements enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Advises the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee’s manager. Candidates are encouraged to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to be remote.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Uses sophisticated data management domain knowledge of people, process, technologies, audit and risk to drive adherence to information/data management governance activities, projects and approaches that are aligned with established policies and standards. Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities, consulting, and various communication methods for business, technology, security, legal, risk, and compliance partners.
- Authors and/or is a key contributor to information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, technology execution teams, and collaborators.
- Leads the development of information governance oversight processes, measurement approach and implements adherence to information management policies, standards and capabilities through audits, peer reviews, and monitoring of KRIs and critical metrics.
- Influences, drives and supports development of multi-year roadmap and implementation plans.
- Applies knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to drive recommendations and satisfy regulatory and internal requirements.
- Builds information governance training content derived from internal and regulatory requirements, industry standard processes.
- Prepares and presents formal findings and recommendations in various formats to all levels of the organization and across the enterprise.
- Enables success of USAA information governance standard methodologies by ensuring their inclusion within recommendations for information governance solutions.
- Sought as Information Governance authority to facilitate career path, standard processes, and mentoring and grow of maturity of the Information Governance community.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, Information Studies or a related technical field; OR 4 years of related experience in information governance, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, information management or information architecture (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, risk, audit, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting.
- OR Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information Technology or a related technical field with 6 years of experience in Information or Data related practices as noted above.
- 2 years of solid understanding and proven track record with building a Data Development and Data Engineering processes.
- 2 years operational knowledge of risk management and mitigation frameworks.
- Experience in developing Data Governance and Data Management Strategy, road map(s).
- Experienced knowledge of industry information/data governance standard processes.
- Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP), Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Information Professional or equivalent industry certification.
- 5 plus years of proven experience in industry information/data governance standard processes and tools.
- 5 plus years of demonstrated ability implementing and supporting information / data quality tool solutions.
- 3 plus years of experience implementing and supporting meta-data tool solutions.
- 3 plus years of experience using tools to implement and support information / data steward capabilities.
- 3 plus years of experience using Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and Access.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $115,240 - $207,430.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.