Our focus is to help Biotech/BioPharma, MedTech, Digital Health, Healthcare, Insurance, and Tech organizations accelerate innovation, enable data-driven decisions, and create AI/ML applications. We leverage AI to solve today’s hardest challenges. We are driven to make the world a better place by providing consulting services and building applications to improve outcomes and help our clients stay ahead of the competition.
Our team is composed of creative and results-focused individuals who excel at solving real-world problems. Our diverse backgrounds bring technology and expertise from various disciplines including neuroscience, physics, engineering, computational biology, genomics, mathematics, and computer science.
Our culture is vibrant, connected, rooted in our core values statement that:
Our work matters. Our clients are partners. Our work is our reputation. We own our choices. We are always learning. We support and challenge each other.
This position is part-time and may convert to a permanent position for the right candidate.
MDS is seeking a data science fellow to contribute to the development, validation, and bias mitigation of models of human behavior and physiology. The primary sources of data for this project will be video and audio/voice.
This role is ideal for a results-focused individual who excels at solving problems at the cutting edge of data science with strong technical abilities to take on challenges in data mining, machine learning, data extraction/analysis, and algorithm development. Background in bioinformatics, neuroscience, human behavior analysis, signal processing, cloud computing, video analytics, or voice anatomy and physiology is a plus, but not essential.
Strong candidates will have skills combining and applying techniques spanning computer vision, speech analysis, and machine learning for time-series data to problems in healthcare and life sciences. We also value individuals who are self-motivated, good communicators, and passionate about learning and keeping up with the latest trends emerging in the data science space.
Read more about our VIVO platform (https://www.mercuryds.com/platform/vivo) that accelerates AI solutions in video and voice analytics for behavior and emotion analysis, telemedicine, and clinical trial biomarkers.
- Explore data to generate hypotheses, research similar problems for ideas, brainstorm with teammates to strategize potential solutions, test their feasibility, and contribute to their development
- Prepare for a data science career with guidance from professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds
- Currently pursuing a Masters, PhD, or a Postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, or a closely related field
- Passion for solving complex data science challenges
- Machine Learning and Python experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Background in neuroscience, human behavior, healthcare, signal/image processing, and voice and video analytics
- Experience analyzing and modeling time series data
- Expertise in designing and implementing efficient algorithms
- Familiarity with Deep Learning Neural Network building with frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience working in a UNIX (Linux) environment