Our focus is to help high growth life sciences companies leverage AI to solve today’s hardest challenges. We are driven to make the world a better place by providing consulting services to build applications to improve care, enhance discoveries, and enable data-driven decisions.
Our team is composed of creative and results-focused individuals who excel at solving real-world problems. Our diverse backgrounds bring technology and expertise from various disciplines including neuroscience, physics, engineering, computational biology, genomics, mathematics, and computer science.
Our culture is vibrant, connected, rooted in our core values statement that: Our work matters. Our clients are our partners. Our work is our reputation. We own our choices. We are always learning. We support and challenge each other.
This role is eligible for flexible hours and remote work.
This role serves as a Senior Data Scientist, leading teams to provide clients with advice rooted in industry best practices to develop AI strategies to help clients advance their mission. This role will balance hands-on project work with team leadership of 2-4 Data Scientists and/or Data Science Fellows. The Senior Data Scientist will explore data, design and implement modeling strategies, implement AI/ML pipelines, and help manage the lifecycle of data, models and algorithms.
This role is ideal for a results-focused individual who excels at solving problems at the cutting edge of data science with strong technical and leadership skills to support projects and staff in various life science, pharma, and tech industries. Background in bioinformatics, neuroscience, drug development, human behavior, electronic medical records systems, signal processing or video analytics is a plus.
- Balance accuracy and efficiency to architect customized data science solutions that answer client business goals in a timely manner
- Create presentations to communicate data insights and findings with external technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop AI strategy to advance our client’s mission
- Proactively research and share new machine learning techniques
- Manage all aspects of data access and data cleaning/standardization in order to prepare raw data for feature creation
- Function as part of a development team
- Independent thinker capable of analyzing requirements, extracting data for analysis, and developing algorithms and tools
- Natural communicator able to interface with internal teams to establish goals and deadlines and externally to translate technical findings into easily understood presentations for clients
- Self motivated and well organized; able to juggle multiple time limited workflows and prioritize attention as needed
- Demonstrated project leadership experience and interactions with business users
- Leadership experience managing individual and team projects; able to communicate company goals with direct reports and share updates with senior leadership, Deep experience in Machine Learning and the statistical basis of various analyses
- Fluent in Python, knowledge of other languages a plus
- Skilled in SQL and knowledge of relational databases as well as schema normalization techniques
- Passion for solving sophisticated data engineering and modeling tasks
- Background in bioinformatics, neuroscience, human behavior, electronic medical records systems, signal processing, or video analytics
- Experience in sales or business development
- Experience with high-performance cloud computing
- Expertise with UNIX (Linux) and Spark
- Familiarity with deep learning neural networks in frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- 4+ years of proven experience in an analytics role and a degree in computer science, math, statistics, physics, computational biology, or a closely related field