Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Trello’s data science team needs a dynamic manager to lead the team and harmonize efforts across product, engineering and go-to-market functions. This leader will communicate the team’s priorities across stakeholders, carefully prioritize the team’s work, and coordinate with our data engineering function and other partner teams.
The Trello Data Science team is lean, nimble, and remote-friendly.
You're a phenomenal fit for this role if you are experienced in developing trusted relationships with product executives, communicate analyses with ease, influence product roadmaps, and are passionate about leading, mentoring, and managing a team in a dynamic environment.
In this role, you'll get to
- Communicate, prioritize and coordinate the team’s efforts across functions, e.g. data engineering, feature teams etc.
- Build and lead a team of data scientists through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development.
- Provide technical guidance in a number of aspects of data science and analytics.
- Lead data strategy, grow partnerships, and help the team navigate through complexities.
- Spearhead data team initiatives focused on ensuring fast, reliable, and comprehensive data.
- Do your best work in a fun, respectful, and supportive environment.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- You have 2+ years experience in people management, ideally including experience managing a remote team.
- You have 4+ years analyzing data and experimentation in a business setting.
- You are able to drive technical excellence, pushing for innovation and quality.
- You thrive when developing people, not just products.
- You have a strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content.
- You are adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects in a fast-changing environment.
- You enjoy collaborating with senior management and non-technical consumers of data, and turning loosely-defined questions into clearly scoped projects.
- You’re proficient when it comes to writing SQL and Python/R.
- You strive to master new technology or language when the need arises.
It's great, but not required, if you have
- You have worked in product analytics.
- You are familiar with Redshift, Athena, Databricks, Salesforce, Mode Analytics.
- You have experience working at a remote-friendly company.
- You have deep knowledge of statistics and probability..