Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love defining and interpreting business metrics? Do you want to develop and analyze performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level? If so, our Financial Planning & Analysis team encourages you to join us in this exciting journey.
As a Cloud Financial Analyst, you will empower our cloud leaders in managing their business. You will predict the financial future of the business and handle the P&L. Reporting to the Finance Manager of FP&A Cloud revenue team, you will primarily support the Cloud business leaders. You appreciate the mantra "work smarter, not harder" and will champion improvements to growth and operations for the Cloud business. You will also work closely with the broader finance, pricing, analytics and data infrastructure teams.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company, ideally suited if you are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance partner.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 1-2 years of experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to influence key decisions
- Aptitude to identify issues/areas of improvement through data analysis/visualization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance partners
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to tackle problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and cross functional collaboration skills
It's great, but not required of you have:
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in bookings and/or revenue forecasting
- Financial modeling skills in Excel and understanding of business metrics
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Finance