Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Millions of people use Trello every day, generating billions of data points. We are looking for a savvy data scientist to examine user behavior and advise decision-making across the organization. Our data team is lean, forward-thinking, and remote-friendly.
As the ideal data scientist, you are someone who can do a deep technical dive and communicate effectively with others. You love wrangling messy data into an elegant solution, and helping others understand the power of their data. This role is a chance to have a huge impact on how millions of users collaborate.
- Partner with engineering, product, and leadership teams passionate about strategic improvements to Trello.
- Dive deep into a wide range of data (behavioral, financial, etc.) to identify opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Contribute to data team initiatives passionate about ensuring fast, reliable, and comprehensive data.
- Serve as a trusted consultant and promote data literacy to drive improvements across the company.
- Unblock data questions using Redshift, Athena, Databricks, Python, R, Mode Analytics, Tableau.
- Do your best work in a lively, respectful, and encouraging environment.
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- You have experience analyzing data and experimentation in a business setting. You know how to pick the right approach to a data question. You know that sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
- You are adept at prioritizing, and can bring good opinions to the table.
- You enjoy collaborating with non-technical consumers of data, and turning loosely-defined questions into clearly prioritized projects.
- You are creative and inventive, with a passion for deriving insights from data and telling a story.
- You’re curious about the business side of Trello. You’re eager to get to the guts of Trello’s data in order to answer questions across the company.
- You’re self-motivated and thrive when working autonomously. You know when to run with something, and when to ask for help.
- You’re extremely proficient when it comes to writing SQL and Python/R.
- You strive to master new technology or language when the need arises.
Bonus points for …
- Prior experience working in a remote-friendly company.
- Proven experience working on projects around user acquisition, retention, purchasing drivers.
- Referenceable work with some seriously huge datasets.