Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Jira Align Data Team which is responsible for building data solutions to enable in-product reporting and data warehousing needs. We are looking for an open-minded, structured thinker who is passionate about building services that scale, and is not afraid of tackling new challenges. On a typical day you will be working on challenging initiatives related to data management and scaling our data platform. You will be implementing strategies to ensure that our product data is accurate and reliable for downstream consumption by our Jira Align customers.
More about you
As a software engineer in the Jira Align Data Team, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience building highly reliable services. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment and you are able to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. You are motivated by solving challenging problems, where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years professional experience as a software engineer or data engineer
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong programming skills
- Experience building platforms and micro services
- Experience working with databases such as sql server and postgres
- Experience with data modeling
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with structuring data, and data storage practices
- A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again and an open mind to try solutions that may seem crazy at first
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services (EC2, SQS, S3)
- A passion for building and running continuous integration pipelines.
- Experience with remote and distributed teams
- Experience with software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum