How will this role have an impact?
Reporting directly to the Director of Data Science, the Data Scientist position is responsible for mining, analyzing, and designing methodologies for data exploration, methodically running statistical experiments, and regularly evaluating alternate models via theoretical approaches. This role will fulfill our internal and external customer needs from an analytics perspective and develop reporting to satisfy those needs. The Data Scientist’s role is to transform data into identifying critical insights to the core and new products that can be used to make rational decisions by:
- Collecting and preparing data for analysis – Cleansing / Data Wrangling
- Creating models to evaluate the data – Statistical, Visual, Machine Learning
- Evaluating models and refining as needed – How well does it work, and can we improve it?
- Delivering solutions based on the model and communicating their value and use
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in mining, processing, and analyzing data; health data would be beneficial.
- Experience working with various business stakeholders to develop project plans for business value analytics
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a data science capacity with some combination of Python/scripting language and relational database production experience
- 5+ years of experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling and hypothesis testing, model evaluation, and scientific method selection.
- Experience with statistical modeling/data mining algorithms such as Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, clustering algorithms, Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees, etc.
- 5+ years of experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models (including clustering, regression, logistic, classification, and decision tree) from scratch.
- 5+ years of experience creating advanced data visualization with R and Python.
- Experience querying in MS SQL and a strong understanding of database relationships.
- Experience independently working with and exploring vast volumes of data (TBs/day)
- Great with numbers, tables, charts, trends - everything data.
- Practical applied experience with SAS
- Ability to transform non-destined data into a valuable resource for the enterprise.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing enterprises is a plus (i.e., Azure, AWS, Databricks).
- Experience or familiarity with text mining and analytics concepts such as Natural Language Processing
- Good understanding of high-level product architecture and data flow patterns.
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: ability to tell a straightforward, concise, actionable story with data to folks across the company.
- BS or MS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or another quantitative field.
- You will need to be comfortable working in the most agile environments. Requirements will be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take intelligent risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leveraging the CRISP-DM process, work in collaboration with management, business users, IT developers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to transform data into knowledge that can be used to make rational decisions
- Must be able to understand business needs and specify analytical/statistical requirements and implications, design, program, test, and field the results into a productive feedback cycle
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable business or product improvement recommendations.
- Build accurate and impactful predictive models to be used by other colleagues. Give up-to-date model recommendations based on model performance.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision-makers in a concise manner
- Investigate available data, identify and recommend best sources for building better models/reports for ultimately improving company results
- Partner closely with cross-functional team leaders and customers throughout the cycle of innovation and improvement of products. Ensure that necessary data is captured, analytic needs are well-defined, and development timelines are coordinated with analytic needs.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures, including, but not limited to, the Compliance requirements and HIPAA.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Strong work ethic, able to work both collaboratively and independently without a lot of direct supervision, and solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and statistical skills
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self-directed and organized
- Discrete/ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Sense of urgency
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well independently
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to take direction
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.
Diversity and Inclusion are core values at Signify Health, and fostering a workplace culture reflective of that is critical to our continued success as an organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.