The Data Scientist is part of Optum Corporate Marketing and Customer Office and supports Optum Health and Optum Care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and deliver standard consumer insights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysis to key stakeholders
- Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to member enrollment
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
- Responsible for implementing robust testing strategies leading to marketing optimizations, program effectiveness and attribution of marketing mix elements
- Develop presentations around insights to be delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales, etc.,
- Jointly solution, with key business areas, around the appropriate analytics tools to solve their business issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative/business field such as Economics, Statistics, or Business Management
- At least 3 years of statistical modeling experience in applications such as SAS Enterprise Miner, Stata, SQL or R
- Strong knowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within a population
- Proficiency in distilling insights and presenting to business leadership
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., cluster analysis, inferential statistics)
- Marketing experience a plus
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.