Purpose of Job
WE ARE SEEKING A TALENTED DATA SCIENTIST LEAD. CANDIDATE
MAY WORK IN THE SAN ANTONIO, TX HOME OFFICE AND/OR A 100%
REMOTE WORK ENVIRONMENT MAY BE CONSIDERED
Data Scientist Lead uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications; Builds analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and create competitive advantage; Leads initiatives and influences system architecture to enable automated intelligent solutions; Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior management to enable business decisions; Maintains relationships with academic and industry thought-leaders to ensure enterprise has access to cutting-edge thinking and technologies.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to assess business needs, define business problems and develop a research agenda; Leads cross functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Designs and builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Leads and conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization, and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Leads efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the highest quality data, are transparently conducted, can be productionized and are reproducible.
- Provides guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration of algorithms to team members.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior management and non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Develops and maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes of research; Interacts with internal and external peers and management to maintain expertise and awareness of cutting-edge techniques, technologies, and potential business solutions.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field or 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (14yrs total experience in lieu of a degree)
- 8 or more Years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and computer science
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation, graph analysis)
- Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C or more or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python, PERL, Ruby)
- A strong track record of communicating results, insights, and technical solutions to Senior Executive Management (or equivalent)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Deep understanding and experience with marketing mix modeling and optimization, marketing multitouch attribution, pricing elasticity, and competitive intelligence
- In-depth understanding, both theory and practice, of classical modeling techniques, machine learning and artificial intelligence modeling techniques, and optimization/mathematical programming
- Familiarity with Federal Reserve Supervisory and Regulatory Letter SR 11-7 (Supervisory Guidance on Model Risk Management)
- Experience with model governance, including model deficiency identification and remediation, independent testing, ongoing performance monitoring, and compensating controls in all aspects of the model lifecycle
- Experience with working and taking vendor models through model validation process
- Understanding of risk processes and controls, including working knowledge of MetricStream and TurboRisk
- Project management skills, including ability to manage an inventory of multiple models at various stages of the lifecycle
- Experience with process risk, control, and improvement
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/17/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.