Purpose of Job
**100% Remote Work Available**
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
Uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets and method to enable analytical solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications; participates in building analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and create competitive advantage; Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees
- Partners with other analysts across the organization to fully define business problems and research questions; Supports SME's on cross functional matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Supports Subject Matter Experts (SME's) on efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Works with IT to research architecture for new products, services, and features.
- Develops algorithms and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the highest quality data.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field. 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Expertise in experimental design, advanced statistical analysis, and modeling to discover key relationships in data and applying that information to predict likely future outcomes; fluent in regression, classification, tree-based models, clustering methods, text mining, and neural networks.
- Proven ability to enrich (add new information to) data, advise on appropriate course(s) of action to take based on results, summarize complex technical analysis for non-technical executive audiences, succinctly present visualizations of high dimensional data, and explain & justify the results of the analysis conducted.
- Highly competent at data wrangling and data engineering in SQL and SAS as well as advanced machine learning (ML) techniques using Python; comfortable in cloud computing environments (Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Hands-on experience developing products that utilize advanced machine learning techniques like deep learning in areas such as computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), sensor data from the Internet of Things (IoT), and recommender systems; along with transitioning those solutions from the development environment into the production environment for full-time use.
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field with coursework in advanced Machine Learning techniques (Natural Language Processing, Deep Neural Networks, etc).
- Fluent in deep learning frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc).
- Highly skilled in handling Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc).
- Experience in reinforcement learning, knowledge graphs and graph databases, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), semi-supervised learning, multi-task learning is a plus.
- Experience in publishing at top ML, computer vision, NLP, or AI conferences and/or contributing to ML/AI-related open source projects and/or converting ML/AI papers into code is a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.