This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace. Employees must live in the United States.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Director Advanced Analytics to join our Enterprise Data Management organization. In this role, you will lead a team to develop solutions for complex, ambiguous, and high-visibility business challenges. You will set and execute on a vision and roadmap for your team that reflects your deep analytical expertise and business understanding of omnichannel retail. You will be a thought partner to UA’s functional leaders, and evangelist for accelerating UA to be data driven organization. You will partner with these teams to understand the insights required to manage and grow their business and leverage cross-functional teams to develop and land solutions that meet their needs at scale.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• As a hands-on leader, deliver actionable insights while prioritizing and managing the workload of data scientists
• Collaborate with business owners and propose appropriate insights and solutions to address critical business questions
• Apply data mining techniques to uncover actionable business insights
• Establish best practices for big-data technologies and tools
• Own and improve standards for machine learning practices (e.g., model selection, accuracy and efficiency)
• Identify opportunities and partner with business executives to set priority, manage expectations, facilitate change needed to activate insights, and measure impact
• Present frequently to senior leadership team on key findings and make recommendations for business change
• Lead code reviews for projects built in Python and R
• Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for a diverse set a data scientists
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Communication, presentation, and project management experience.
• Experience in a client or customer-facing role persuading clients and driving action based on data
• Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
• Ability to quickly assess potential projects for feasibility and match to the data science team.
• Expertise in SQL, Python, and R
• Expertise in machine learning and advanced statistical modeling
Education And / Or Experience
• MS/PhD, preferably in a statistical, mathematical, or technical field (e.g., computer science)
• 10+ years of experience as a manager with a track record of building teams and developing talent
• 5+ years’ experience in a data science role responsible for development and deployment of machine learning products
• Experience working common data science technologies, including AWS, Spark, Git, Mlflow, or similar